Tulsa Arts District Business Association
The Tulsa Arts District Business Association is a group of business owners that has organized to promote the common good of all the businesses in the district per our By-Laws.
The purpose of the association is to promote the common business interests within the District, including the improvement of business conditions through advertising, beautification, public relations and special events.
The boundaries of the district are Denver to the west The IDL (I-244) to the north, Elgin to the east and the railroad tracks to the south. Our annual membership typically includes approximately 70 businesses, with new businesses joining as they are established.
The major event of the district is the First Friday Art Crawl. This monthly event attracts hundreds and sometimes thousands of people to the district. It gives every business a chance to open their doors and display their amenities, products and/or services to the visiting public. Read more about First Friday.
Our efforts to promote the district can be found on our website, in print advertising and on the TAD area map. In 2018 we distributed approximately 25,000 of the area maps to downtown visitors and local residents. All of these promotional activities are supported through the annual dues of the members of the association. All dues-paying members benefit from the following:
- Listing in publications and information produced by the association including the area maps and Art Crawl card, if an exhibitor;
- Listing on the Tulsa Arts District website http://www.thetulsaartsdistrict.org as an area business;
- Listing of your events on the website calendar;
- Access to the members' page on the website with association exclusive information;
- The ability to use the Tulsa Arts District logo in the promotion of your business;
- The opportunity to participate in monthly meetings to voice your opinions and concerns on district situations and opportunities;
- The opportunity to vote on business that comes before the association and officer selection;
- The opportunity to serve on different committees of the association, or be an officer;
- The opportunity to host meetings to feature your business to other members;
- The opportunity to participate in association events;
- Updates on street closings for area events; and
- A networking opportunity to promote your business along with all the others.
Joining the Business Association
Becoming a TAD voting member of the association requires two things: your business must be within the boundaries of the District and you must pay the annual dues. There is also a non-voting membership. These businesses are typically located adjacent to the boundaries and have chosen to pay the annual dues even though they are not physically within the district boundaries. By paying the dues, they support and become part of the various promotional efforts listed above.
Our organization is working to ensure that our community continues to grow and develop. If you are interested in joining the association, please download and complete the form below. By submitting your payment of the annual membership dues of $250 with your completed application, you will able to benefit from the many opportunities above and those yet to be developed. Download the membership application to join.
If you have any questions about the association or the services we provide, please use the “Contact Us” button. We welcome your interest in the Tulsa Arts District and the Business Association.